Graduate Assessment Test GAT is given by candidates to take admissions in MS / M.Phil programs. GAT test has 4 categories. GAT C test is taken for Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences
Verbal Ability Questions
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate word,
from the given lettered choices (A to D) below each.
1. There are _______ views on the issue of giving bonus to the employees.
2. Since she had not exercised in five years, Margarita attempt to jog five miles on her
first day of cardio-training was a little ______.
3. More insurers are limiting the sale of property insurance in coastal areas and other
regions _______ natural disasters.
a) safe from
b) according to
d) prone to
4. Roman Regions _______the Mountain_______of Masada for three years before
they were able to seize it.
a) dissembled, bastion
b) assailed, symbol
c) besieged, citadel
d) honed, stronghold
5. Unlike his calmer, more easygoing colleagues, the senator was ________ , ready to
quarrel at the slightest provocation.
(3) Prone to
(4) Besieged, Citadel
Each question below consists of a related pair of words, followed
by five lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that best
expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original
6. HEIGHT: MOUNTAIN
a) Depth : Trench
b) Shade : Tree
c) Weight : Age
d) Speed : Highway
7. ACT : ACTION
a) Therapy : Thermometer
b) Oblivion : Obvious
c) Liturgy : Literature
d) Image : Imagine
a) liquid: liter
b) bushel: corn
c) weight: scale
d) fame: television
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite
in meaning to the word in capital letters.
(6) Depth : Trench
(7) Image : Imagine
(8) Weight: Scale